Monday, February 3, 2014

Startup.com the Documentary, Thoughts... dot com.

No doubt the documentary was enjoyable. I mean, it is hard as hell to get a classroom of students to stay for a whole doco even when the professor leaves.  I personally enjoyed it because it gave me insights as to how a business operates on a more human level and the hardships that will undoubtedly occur.  Like the third founder, though a huge vaginal cleaning product, was smart to sell his stock when he did.  Though he should've gotten more money.

I think that Kaleil lost sight of the things that really mattered in life.  sure the business brings in the money, but he just neglected his woman the whole time and didn't give, not one, but two shits.  I really don't like the man he became and I'm kind of glad his business failed in the end.

Tom douched it up as well.  When it comes to technology, you got to keep improving.  If your site stays the same, then you surely will fail in the end.  He lived in denial thinking it was all perfect when it wasn't.  I think at some point he should've taken a back seat and let some proper CS people taken over.

But my overall impressions of the film are much more grimm.  To be honest, i really dont think i want to own a business anymore, at least not a large one.  If you you are an emotionless person and don't give a shit about the people you love, go ahead.  But quite frankly, there are things out there that are way more important to me than beaucoup bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment